-
Running programs as root, what is the command?
I am a bit unsure where to put this topic, I got a HD Install (Debian from the Knoppix DVD by the way) to a brand new Maxtor 80Gb HD (Tried regular DVD booted Knoppix, it felt a lot greater than Windows ever did. So I will be using it more often now)
However, the problem I got is the aircrack program (A little white hat challenge that my dad has issued me, he thinks WEP is secure, and I want to proove him wrong.)
As I am relatively new to Linux I am still not familiar with all the commands used in the shell or the different shells.
But my main issue is that the Airodump program (Aircrack is a package) need to be runned as root via a shell.
THAT is where the problems starts, running it from the root shell just spits out "Unknown Command" errors and when running it from a regular shell it spits out an error about lacking root access.
My guess is that I am missing a command here, what I need is a command that allows me to run this program from the root shell I think, keep in mind that the program has quite a few additional parameters that needs to be entered after the program name (Like "gksu -u root" for an example, the -u is one parameter.)
This root stuff is quite frustrating too, I guess I should look around for a guide on how to install drivers as well (Found some updated WLAN drivers for my Ralink 2500 chipset)
Similar Threads
-
By BlueGirl in forum Klik
Replies: 29
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
-
By computerman0216 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 03:35 AM
-
By Tuschedz in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By brainlessdumb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 02:23 PM
-
By Mycroft1855 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99