Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix floppyconfig

  1. #1

    Knoppix floppyconfig

    I have been trying out knoppix using a live c-d. I hate having to reconfig everything on every bootup. So after reading about "floppy config" I made one. At the boot screen I enter "knoppix floppyconfig" and press enter. Knoppix starts to boot like always till I get this message "encrypted partition?" "please enter decryption password". There are two options "ok" which is highlighted and "cancel" which is not. I can not highlight "cancel". I have to enter something and when I do I get this message "error: password must be at least 20 characters long". "Mount failed retry y/n". I press "n" and the boot finishes but without the saved config file. I did not create a password and did not see the option to do so when I created the floppy. I am lost as to what to do or what went wrong. Please help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texada Is. BC Canada
    Posts
    18
    I used to use a "floppy config" in Knoppix till it stopped working with the newer releases.

    Try saving your config to a USB flash drive instead. On start-up just issue the command:
    "myconf=scan"

    Works great here.. Actually I do this in Kanotix, but it is a Knoppix function.

Similar Threads

  1. floppyconfig
    By harryhood in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 09:28 PM
  2. floppyconfig easy on Knoppix 3.3, not so on Knoppix 3.4
    By lothario in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 10:41 AM
  3. knoppix floppyconfig and KPPP
    By psunga in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 05:55 PM
  4. Floppyconfig
    By Boffy655 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 05:03 AM
  5. auto floppyconfig
    By robk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2003, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5

$375.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core I7-3770 Processor (3.40GHz, 4 Cores, Socket H2 LGA-1155) - SR0PK picture

Intel Core I7-3770 Processor (3.40GHz, 4 Cores, Socket H2 LGA-1155) - SR0PK

$29.90



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 3.3GHz 6-Core 12-Thread AM4 Desktop CPU Processor Tested picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 3.3GHz 6-Core 12-Thread AM4 Desktop CPU Processor Tested

$54.50



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0 picture

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0

$38.00



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99