-
AOL Dialer in general release
Sorry to bump such an old topic, but its still relevant.
I love knoppix. I'm a long time mandrake user (who has fallen flat on his face several times installing debian.. got it installed a few times only to end up with severe difficulties with X.) who is stuck in a windows environment at work. 100% of all my computer duties involve a web browser, spreadsheet, and an internet connection. The powers that be are to cheap to spring for a business DSL or similar connection, leaving me with an AOL (of all things) connection.
If it were a regular PPP connection, I would be using knoppix right now. However, as everyone knows AOL is just slightly different. I've looked at the instructions for remastering the knoppix cd, but they look to be a bit out of my league.
I've tried just downloading the .deb and installing it after knoppix is up and running, but dpkg gives me some errors about its directory being read only. I basically have 0 experience with debian's package system so I don't know if I can tell it to install to the ramdisk or not.
Anyway, adding a few specialized dialers would be a nice way to increase the functionality for many users. AOL and NetZero immediately come to mind.
Similar Threads
-
By Enygma in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 08:53 PM
-
By knopstar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 05:08 AM
-
By mambobrian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 11:24 AM
-
By cowmamba in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 01:20 AM
-
By samwisegamgee in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 05:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$949.99

Juniper Networks EX3300-24T EX Series 24-Port Gigabit 4-Port SFP+ Switch
$79.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99