Any comment ?
I tried to use the utility for wireless card (As far as I remember the name it was WIKI WALN Manager), but I could not configure the WLAN,,,,
1- Is this utility that comes with Knoppix V4 compatible with all wireless card ?
2- Am I doing the right thing ?
3- Do I need to enable something within wireless card ?
The WLAN that the laptop has got is: Dell Wireless WLAN 1450 Dual Band WLAN Mini-PCI Card
Any comment ?
So would it be safe to say that you have not even read the wireless networking section of the wiki?Originally Posted by zillah
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Could you please check with me Am I doing the right thing ,,,,then we can go further.
Any idea if I am doing the right thing to configure wireless card ?
You're going to have to use ndiswrapper to get your wireless to work, and knoppix is probably not the best linux distro for that. I suggest you read up on ndiswrapper and maybe try ubuntu or kanotix. Here's a couple of links:
http://www.lazy8.nu/delld180/DebianL...810laptop.html
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=16591&page=2

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB
$875.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99