Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix floppyconfig

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Knoppix floppyconfig

    I have been trying out knoppix using a live c-d. I hate having to reconfig everything on every bootup. So after reading about "floppy config" I made one. At the boot screen I enter "knoppix floppyconfig" and press enter. Knoppix starts to boot like always till I get this message "encrypted partition?" "please enter decryption password". There are two options "ok" which is highlighted and "cancel" which is not. I can not highlight "cancel". I have to enter something and when I do I get this message "error: password must be at least 20 characters long". "Mount failed retry y/n". I press "n" and the boot finishes but without the saved config file. I did not create a password and did not see the option to do so when I created the floppy. I am lost as to what to do or what went wrong. Please help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texada Is. BC Canada
    Posts
    18
    I used to use a "floppy config" in Knoppix till it stopped working with the newer releases.

    Try saving your config to a USB flash drive instead. On start-up just issue the command:
    "myconf=scan"

    Works great here.. Actually I do this in Kanotix, but it is a Knoppix function.

Similar Threads

  1. floppyconfig
    By harryhood in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 09:28 PM
  2. floppyconfig easy on Knoppix 3.3, not so on Knoppix 3.4
    By lothario in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 10:41 AM
  3. knoppix floppyconfig and KPPP
    By psunga in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 05:55 PM
  4. Floppyconfig
    By Boffy655 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 05:03 AM
  5. auto floppyconfig
    By robk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2003, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray

$356.80



Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch picture

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch

$379.00



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK

$285.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win11 Pro

$289.99