-
Editing partitions w/ Qtparted
Right now I have a large 2GB swap partition.
I would like to reduce that to around 200MB then use the rest of the space to create a Fat32 partition so both my Windows and Linux operating systems can read it. To exchange openoffice documents etc. between the OS's.
When using qtparted to do this - I'm getting a few errors.
When I try the 'resize' option I simply get an error box with an exclamation point, no text.
When I try to delete the partition I get a box telling me it's mounted.
On my desktop I see my XP partition, Fedora partition and boot partition - but I don't see the 2GB swap partition.
Why is qtparted telling me the partition is mounted, but Knoppix won't show me the partition? How do I unmount the partition so I can make changes?
Much thanks in advance.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
It's used by default. Look in the cheat codes for a boot option that prevents using it.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Great, thanks.
I rebooted Knoppix 4.0 under "knoppix noswap"
In this I was able to repartition the swap through qtparted with no problems.
-
Junior Member
registered user
OR you could get super lazy like me
and go to the following link:
http://qtparted.sourceforge.net/
...and download a version of Qtparted (about 30 MB) with it's own self-running
Linux OS (Vesa video driver)..
This has become part of my tool kit and I even have it on a mini-CD. Slap it
in a CD drive and boot -- shows you everything and eliminates any problems
with configuration when you're running a full-blown Linux. Looks nice too!
Similar Threads
-
By jgrauman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
-
By moo-cow in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2005, 12:28 AM
-
By apun in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 08:06 AM
-
By alert5 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 06:17 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 09:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00