It's used by default. Look in the cheat codes for a boot option that prevents using it.
Right now I have a large 2GB swap partition.
I would like to reduce that to around 200MB then use the rest of the space to create a Fat32 partition so both my Windows and Linux operating systems can read it. To exchange openoffice documents etc. between the OS's.
When using qtparted to do this - I'm getting a few errors.
When I try the 'resize' option I simply get an error box with an exclamation point, no text.
When I try to delete the partition I get a box telling me it's mounted.
On my desktop I see my XP partition, Fedora partition and boot partition - but I don't see the 2GB swap partition.
Why is qtparted telling me the partition is mounted, but Knoppix won't show me the partition? How do I unmount the partition so I can make changes?
Much thanks in advance.
It's used by default. Look in the cheat codes for a boot option that prevents using it.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Great, thanks.
I rebooted Knoppix 4.0 under "knoppix noswap"
In this I was able to repartition the swap through qtparted with no problems.
OR you could get super lazy like meand go to the following link:
http://qtparted.sourceforge.net/
...and download a version of Qtparted (about 30 MB) with it's own self-running
Linux OS (Vesa video driver)..
This has become part of my tool kit and I even have it on a mini-CD. Slap it
in a CD drive and boot -- shows you everything and eliminates any problems
with configuration when you're running a full-blown Linux. Looks nice too!

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99