-
Editing partitions w/ Qtparted
Right now I have a large 2GB swap partition.
I would like to reduce that to around 200MB then use the rest of the space to create a Fat32 partition so both my Windows and Linux operating systems can read it. To exchange openoffice documents etc. between the OS's.
When using qtparted to do this - I'm getting a few errors.
When I try the 'resize' option I simply get an error box with an exclamation point, no text.
When I try to delete the partition I get a box telling me it's mounted.
On my desktop I see my XP partition, Fedora partition and boot partition - but I don't see the 2GB swap partition.
Why is qtparted telling me the partition is mounted, but Knoppix won't show me the partition? How do I unmount the partition so I can make changes?
Much thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By jgrauman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
-
By moo-cow in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2005, 12:28 AM
-
By apun in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 08:06 AM
-
By alert5 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 06:17 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 09:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PERC H755 3KDWX 8GB 12Gb SAS RAID Controller With Battery & Cables
$949.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

AMS VENUS T5C Mini DS-2250C 5-Bay 2.5” SATA RAID USB 3.0 eSATA
$129.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00