Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Editing partitions w/ Qtparted

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Editing partitions w/ Qtparted

    Right now I have a large 2GB swap partition.
    I would like to reduce that to around 200MB then use the rest of the space to create a Fat32 partition so both my Windows and Linux operating systems can read it. To exchange openoffice documents etc. between the OS's.
    When using qtparted to do this - I'm getting a few errors.

    When I try the 'resize' option I simply get an error box with an exclamation point, no text.
    When I try to delete the partition I get a box telling me it's mounted.

    On my desktop I see my XP partition, Fedora partition and boot partition - but I don't see the 2GB swap partition.
    Why is qtparted telling me the partition is mounted, but Knoppix won't show me the partition? How do I unmount the partition so I can make changes?

    Much thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    It's used by default. Look in the cheat codes for a boot option that prevents using it.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2
    Great, thanks.

    I rebooted Knoppix 4.0 under "knoppix noswap"

    In this I was able to repartition the swap through qtparted with no problems.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texada Is. BC Canada
    Posts
    18
    OR you could get super lazy like me and go to the following link:

    http://qtparted.sourceforge.net/

    ...and download a version of Qtparted (about 30 MB) with it's own self-running
    Linux OS (Vesa video driver)..

    This has become part of my tool kit and I even have it on a mini-CD. Slap it
    in a CD drive and boot -- shows you everything and eliminates any problems
    with configuration when you're running a full-blown Linux. Looks nice too!

Similar Threads

  1. Hex Editing the ISO
    By jgrauman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
  2. QTParted does not work: all partitions busy
    By moo-cow in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 12:28 AM
  3. editing /etc/fstab
    By apun in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 08:06 AM
  4. More on Qtparted, ntfsresize and WinXP partitions
    By alert5 in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 06:17 PM
  5. Kmenu editing
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$288.00



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$278.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00