I got it the info from this post: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22021, did the trick. I still have no idea what ar is but wtf ever it works
Everytime I try to install anything with Klik it tells me that I need to instal and I quote... ar.
What is ar and how do I install it?
I'm using Kubuntu Breezy Badger, if that matters
thanks in advance
I got it the info from this post: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22021, did the trick. I still have no idea what ar is but wtf ever it works
ar is an old type of "archive". not used much now
"ar" is still used a lot, e.g., for ".deb" archives (which are essentially ar files).
thankyou for correcting me probono, always nice to lern something.
Ubuntu is one of the few distributions that don't ship ar by default. You can install it with
apt-get install binutils
See http://klik.atekon.de/wiki/index.php...to_use_klik.22
The version of Xandros Linux that ships with the new Asus EeePC doesn't ship with ar installed either. But we can install binutils by opening a terminal (Ctrl-Alt-T) and then typing "sudo apt-get install binutils".Originally Posted by probono

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00