-
Ok .. but ..
Ok, so this was covered a little in another thread --
BUT ..
If KNOPPIX has a "noprompt" and "noeject" runtime parameter, passed into the kernel at boot time - WHY oh WHY aren't they honored?
I have a situation where I NEED the box to be able to reboot unattended at a given time.
I've modified lilo to pass in "noprompt" -- which brings be to the point where the system says "Preparing for reboot" and then sits there forever.
I know KNOPPIX >CAN< reboot, since when I leave the prompt up and hit a key, the system reboots / powers down normally.
What I don't understand is why setting "noprompt" doesn't work, regardless of the modified SysVInit package.
Any help?!
P
Similar Threads
-
By gauclair in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 05:36 AM
-
By Fiazle in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
-
By mimes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 02:46 AM
-
By n3150nao in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

Vintage Compaq Deskpro 286 AT PC Computer Complete w/Drives Powers On
$189.99

Vintage Microsoft Green-Eyed Mouse 1983 First Gen Bus connector Tested - Video
$350.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 1.0 Apple Macintosh 1989 Big Box Software Sealed
$399.99

Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working
$345.00

Vintage Raidmax Galaxy ATX-988 Sleeper Mid PC Case Only Retro Gaming Silver Blue
$149.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Microsoft FrontPage 97 and FrontPage 2002 Software Lot CD Manuals Set
$64.99