Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: retry... the easiest way

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2

    retry... the easiest way

    Hello there !

    I've succesfully remastered Knoppix thanx to the excellent Howto on this site. But... Stupid as I am, I forgot to include some stuff that I would like to have on my remastered version (also, setting the default keyboard to belgian didn't work out as I hoped it would). Now, do I have to restart from zero or can I pick it up somewhere halfway ? I mean, all the files are still on the harddisk. Can I chroot again to the /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX dir ? I suppose I should remove some stuff too (/mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX maybe ?). If it's easier to restart from scratch plz tell me, ....

    Thnx,

    GuineaPig

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Yes, you can carry on and just chroot back in there

    When you make the CD it doesn't change any files so there's no need to start again.

Similar Threads

  1. Whats the easiest way to boot to a command line?
    By ExtremeHobo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 12:23 AM
  2. The easiest kernel install yet and no xfs patch either!
    By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 03:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



Windows Server 2025 Datacenter-New Sealed DVD and Product Key - 24 Core 50 Cals picture

Windows Server 2025 Datacenter-New Sealed DVD and Product Key - 24 Core 50 Cals

$79.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe + 12TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe + 12TB HDD

$1295.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$89.95



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00