-
Unable to boot from usb cd-rom
I have a Compaq BL10e blade that I need to boot to knoppix. I have tested the CD in other servers without an issue, so I know my media is good. The server boots to the CD, but I get the dreaded "Can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry!" message. I tried failsafe, and text mode without any luck.
I'm trying to avoid buying a usb floppydrive, a coworker can bring one in next week... too bad I need to get this fixed asap. then again I suspect i might have the same trouble with a floppy drive. For the same reason I haven't emptied out my usb drive.
I suspect i just need to mount the cdrom, but I'm wicked rusty on my unix commands. any suggestions while I try to find more RAM to try booting "toram"?
Thanks!
-Nate
Similar Threads
-
By asachdeva in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-23-2009, 04:51 PM
-
By easyheyder in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2006, 06:14 PM
-
By zephyr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 04:40 PM
-
By sys104 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By godsdog in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 09:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB of Samsung (8GB x 2) DDR5 M378A2K43CB1 UDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin Unbuffered
$185.99

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99

Micron 32GB MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2E7 RAM 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA ECC REG Memory
$249.99

OLOy 8GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin DIMM Unbuffered RAM Module
$50.00

Corsair Vengeance CMSX16GX4M2A2666C18 8GB DDR4-2666 2pcs
$45.00

Kingston 32GB DDR4-3200MHz DIMM RAM KTH-PL432D8P/16G (2X16GB STICKS) sku 0055
$179.00

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99