-
smb.conf Help
I have a Samba server running but all attempts to modify the smb.conf to allow write permissions as chmod 777 under my secure network results in it always being dr-xr-xr-x. This is inherent on any folder I share. Any help on allowing write permissions would be great.
I have tried many different things that have been suggested from Google Searches, but I am still stuck.
I am using Knoppix 3.9 to recover a damaged Windows XP. My current process is runnning samba on my desktop (damaged comp) to allow my laptop access. My laptop can read files fine. However, my backup drive is connected to my desktop, so I would like to enable write permissions on samba for the backup drive. This way I can copy files from the damaged drive to the backup drive using my laptop. (If I can't do it I think I will need to get an external hard drive reader to allow the drive to be connected to my laptop.
-
Senior Member
registered user
smb.conf Help
Whoa Nellie.
Let me see if I have this correct. You have a second drive (or partition) in your desktop which has a damaged OS. Booting to knoppix allows you to read the filesystems but not write them.
This would indicate a filesystem type and/or mount mode issue no matter what protocol you use to manipulate the filesystem.
Similar Threads
-
By elightbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2007, 12:11 PM
-
By pdc124 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
-
By Legithrandil in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 05:03 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99