Hello all,
I decided to dive head first into the Linux universe so far I like it but have come across a few issues with the wireless on my acer aspire: My regular ethernet connects fine to the internet after doing a DHCP discovery e0.
What I did to get my broadcom wireless card turned on I used the wrapper untility with the xp wireless driver for my laptop
then I used the wireless utility to configure my settings I entered my ESID my 128 bit crptokey and set it to managed
when I try to connect to my network it does nothing it says in the utility that no access point is available and ESID is any
when I select the network discovery button my network shows up and when I select it nothing happens?
I have green bars so I know the thing is turned on but it seems to not be getting DHCP from my Dlink router. I'm at school now so I can't provide screen shots as yet but I will post them later to this thread any help of suggestions of things to try would be much appreciated also is there a link to the linux equivalent commands such as ipconfig and ping? I think one is iwconfig?
Thanks,
-Eric
Ok here is destop snap of my current network situation:
Any help provided would be much appreciated!

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00