You need both the inf file and the sys file. bcmwl5a.inf and bcmwl5.sys.
Put them in the same directory and then point ndiswrapper to the inf file. It should work then.
I'm having a problem with kanotix and my dell 1350 wireless card, I have had it work before last time I used kanotix on this computer (had to reformat drive) now that ive reinstalled it with the newest version of kanotix I can not get it to work for the life of me. Heres what its saying when i use ndiswrapper "the ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no device. Perhaps NdisWrapper is not working with your driver file" I have tried 2 versions of the driver file and get the same error for both Im using the file "bcmwl5a.inf" version 3.100.35.1 this is the one i used before and it worked. Now i am setting it up a little dif then before this time I do not have windows on the harddrive linux is the only os, but i dont think that makes a differance If any one can help that would be great i have tried all of the advice on other posts relating to this topic to no avail. Like i said it has worked before on a previos install, so theres hope![]()
You need both the inf file and the sys file. bcmwl5a.inf and bcmwl5.sys.
Put them in the same directory and then point ndiswrapper to the inf file. It should work then.

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT2 Network Stacking Module Kit Catalyst 9300L & 9300LM New
$495.57
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00
Cisco C9300NM8X Network Switch Module
$649.99
CISCO ISR4331/K9 V04 Integrated Services Router -Sealed Box
$332.49