-
Senior Member
registered user
OpenOffice 2.0 Install: No Fonts!!
Ok, I bit the bullet.
Even though I can run the Windows version of OO in my setup via OpenOffice, I downloaded from the OO website 101.5 megs of OpenOffice install files. I get it unpacked to discover the package is dozens of rpms.
Ok, I "alien" that. I finish the install.
It seemed to go fine with no errors. Now here is the rub:
Fonts do not appear. Little dotted rectangles show up in place of each letter.
BUT!
If I run OO as root, fonts work. I can see text in menus and documents, but not anti-aliased. They look crappy but at least I can read them.
So, does anyone know what I can do? Is there some permissions change I need to do? An additional file to download an install?
I looked at some websites that deal with OO font issues, but nothing seemed to apply to me.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By crion in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By bigpilot in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 07:28 PM
-
By Lexinton in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By vi.tan.gr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:02 PM
-
By Stephen in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$117.14

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage eMachines eTower 500is Celeron 500MHz 256MB 40GB Win98 PC Tower Computer
$125.00

Vintage Genius LAN E3000II Pocket LAN Adapter CIB Complete Box Manual Floppy PS2
$49.99

Vintage Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop Celeron 600MHz 20GB Floppy Drive *Windows Me
$140.00

Vintage 1st Gen 5V Intel Pentium 60 MHz SX835 CPU A80501-60 FDIV Socket 4 P5
$277.59

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00