-
Senior Member
registered user
SOLVED!
Well this was a very simple fix. It just took me a while to think of it.
After exhausting all the OO possibilities with the helpful folks in the OO forums, I began to ponder the suggestion that the problem was a "font" problem on the Debian side.
I began to ponder how logging in as root and logging in as user you get two completely different desktops. "Root" is totally unconfigured in my system. Interestingly enough it has only been recently that I had found a hack that let me log in as root.
Anyway, root looks just like it did the day I installed the OS. My user desktop is highly tweaked and looks very different.
I thought "What if....the font preferences in the two desktops are different and the user one is incompatible somehow?
This seemed highly likely.
So, tonight I logged in as root and looked at the font preferences. "Menu" fonts were set to Helvetica 12 pt.
I immediately exited and re-logged in as user. Those menu preferences all used "Clearly PUA". Menu fonts were set at "Clearly PUA 13 pt".
So, I changed the Menu font prefs to Helvitica 12 pt. and fired up OO.
FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!
I got my pulldown menus.
Wheee!!!!
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By crion in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By bigpilot in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 07:28 PM
-
By Lexinton in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By vi.tan.gr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:02 PM
-
By Stephen in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage 1983-87 Macintosh System Tools 3.5 Floppy Disk Version 2.0.1 690-6023-B
$38.00

Vintage Heritage Leather Laptop/Binder Bag W/ Calculator - All Original Mint Con
$32.00

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested
$115.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00