-
Senior Member
registered user
SOLVED!
Well this was a very simple fix. It just took me a while to think of it.
After exhausting all the OO possibilities with the helpful folks in the OO forums, I began to ponder the suggestion that the problem was a "font" problem on the Debian side.
I began to ponder how logging in as root and logging in as user you get two completely different desktops. "Root" is totally unconfigured in my system. Interestingly enough it has only been recently that I had found a hack that let me log in as root.
Anyway, root looks just like it did the day I installed the OS. My user desktop is highly tweaked and looks very different.
I thought "What if....the font preferences in the two desktops are different and the user one is incompatible somehow?
This seemed highly likely.
So, tonight I logged in as root and looked at the font preferences. "Menu" fonts were set to Helvetica 12 pt.
I immediately exited and re-logged in as user. Those menu preferences all used "Clearly PUA". Menu fonts were set at "Clearly PUA 13 pt".
So, I changed the Menu font prefs to Helvitica 12 pt. and fired up OO.
FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!
I got my pulldown menus.
Wheee!!!!
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By crion in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By bigpilot in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 07:28 PM
-
By Lexinton in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By vi.tan.gr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:02 PM
-
By Stephen in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00