I don't own an acer but I do repair a lot of Toshiba.
Have you tried any of the cheatcodes?
If not, hit F3 when you see the Knoppix splash screen. Try cheatcode
Knoppix dma or knoppix nopcmcia.
Hope this helps, Tom
Originally Posted by crkscorpio
Acer TM4021WLMI, Pioneer DVD RW drive.
Trying to boot with KNOPPIX_V4.0.2DVD-2005-09-23-EN, first screen comes with boot: prompt. I hit return, says loading vmlinuz........
and then the screen goes black and nothing comes up.. computer hangs, CPU fan starts blowing continuously and no response, no bootup.
Badly need help...
hoping for positive response
Thank you,
crkscorpio
I don't own an acer but I do repair a lot of Toshiba.
Have you tried any of the cheatcodes?
If not, hit F3 when you see the Knoppix splash screen. Try cheatcode
Knoppix dma or knoppix nopcmcia.
Hope this helps, Tom
Originally Posted by crkscorpio
I have succesfully booted knoppix 4.0 CD-LIVE on my
ACER ASPIRE 1692 WMLI
Centrino 1,73 GHz, 512 Ram, 80 giga HDD.
Just have to type failsafe before booting.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
URRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
You don't believe how happy I am !
I spent hours and hours trying UbuntuLive 5.10 with the help of the italian forum but didn't make it to run Xorg so i had to do everything through command line. And that didn't work either.
I've to rescue some datas from my Windoz crash....
F.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99