-
Knoppix with vim_Latex-Suite?
Hi,
I'm new to Knoppix (and Linux). I have been using Vim_Latex-Suite in Windows XP to publish my papers and write my thesis. I'm happy to stuck with this elegant and power tool Vim+Latex which downloaded from
http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/ind...title=Download
I'm now migrating from Windows to Linux. I found Knoppix is the perfect choice for me. I've been trying to install to Redhat 9 to both my laptops and found it painful until I found the book "Knoppix Hacks" by Kyle Rankin. This book comes with a knoppix CD (version 3.4). What can I say! I love Knoppix! I have booted both of laptops and get them run in five minutes! I also tried it in my school library. The first time it failed and I tried the cheat code "failsafe" with sucess but mouse cursor is not moving. I then tried it with "noscsi" and it booted with mouse cursor. This is really exciting.
I now have some questions before I download or buy a copy of the latest version of Knoppix:
1. Will the latest version boot my laptops? One is HP 4201 the other is Dell D400.
2. I found there is a remastered Knoppix called "Quantian". Will this CD boot my laptops? And is the Vim_Latex-Suite included in this CD?
3. Or may be I can remaster a Knoppix liveCD to include Latex and Vim_Latex-Suite? I'm not sure I can do it because I don't have a Linux internet connection.
Is it possible for me to download the Latex package and Vim_Latex-Suite (by windows internet connection) and burn them to a CD and then install them and make a customized Knoppix liveCD?
I also found that Vim_Latex-Suite is include in Debian:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-news/.../msg00037.html
Can anyone help me with this please.
Daniel
Similar Threads
-
By LargePig in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2006, 08:10 AM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By holzhey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$429.99

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00