have you tried knoppix vga=normal ?
Hi folks,
I have the following problem:
When I try to boot from the Knoppix 4.0.2-CD
the system freezes after I pushed RETURN to start KNOPPIX...
I'm in a black screen and there is no sign of living (not even the penguin is showing up)
I tried all the parameters like fb1024x768, acpi=off and stuff like that...
but it still won't work...Can you plz help me ? I already heard about this problem
but also that it's solved with the framebuffer stuff...doesn't work for me though
what could that be ?
have you tried knoppix vga=normal ?
i tried that, and i got "CRC Error"...the system halts after that...could this be a
physical problem on the cd ?
could be, not likely though. did you burn the CD slowly (as slow as you can, i do it at 1X perhaps 4X MAX), did you check the MD5sum of the ISO? have you verified the burn with the testcd parameter at bootprompt?

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00