-
Chroot, KDE language?
Hello
What sould I do to start KDE (in polish language) in chroot?
Any ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Chroot, KDE language?

Originally Posted by
maxmartin
What sould I do to start KDE (in polish language) in chroot?
I'm not sure if in /etc/knoppix-autoconfig is polish language section. It there is so boot in polish using lang cheatcode:
Code:
boot: linux lang=pl
The next thing is that you must have kde-i18n-pl installed. Perhaps you want also copy /etc/sysconfig/i18n from your CD to your chroot partition to get locales correct. That's it.
-tapsa-
-
Hmm
Is there any possibility to add new item to Knoppix Menu in 2 languages? For example in Knoppix Menu:
Students stuff (in English) - booting with lang=en
Narzedzia studenckie (in Polish) - booting with lang=pl
How can I do this?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
maxmartin
Hmm
Is there any possibility to add new item to Knoppix Menu in 2 languages? For example in Knoppix Menu:
Students stuff (in English) - booting with lang=en
Narzedzia studenckie (in Polish) - booting with lang=pl
How can I do this?
Yes, take a look at /usr/share/applnk/Knoppix directory. You can add Comment and Name in your language as I have done e.g. for netcardconfig.desktop:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Comment[de]=Netzwerkkarte konfigurieren
Comment[fi]=Verkkokortin asetukset
Exec=rxvt -ls -e /usr/sbin/netcardconfig
Icon=connect_creating
Name[de]=Netzwerkkarte konfigurieren
Name[fi]=Verkkokortti
Name=Network card configuration
Type=Application
But adding th whole sub-directory... I have never even tried. Perhaps there is more in that than just adding a new item. Sorry, I don't know.
-tapsa-
-
Thanks -tapsa-.
I have looked at this directory /usr/share/applnk/Knoppix and subdirectories.
This is very complicated, but thanks for now.
Similar Threads
-
By spyhome in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 27
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:12 PM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

10GbE 10GFC SFP+ LC SW 850nm IBM 78P1661 31P1549 Finisar FTLX8571D3BCL-IK Qty 8
$88.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

Cisco Meraki OEM MA-SFP-1GB-LX10 1000Base-LX 1GbE SFP Module 1310nm 10km SMF LC
$95.00