Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Damn Small linux and RDesktop???

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13

    Damn Small linux and RDesktop???

    So im wondering if this is at all possible. is there a way to boot into damn small linux and dl rdesktop, then use it to log into a windows machine? Im a linux newbie and have no clue how to customize knoppix. Is there a possibility of apt-getting rdesktop or are the dependencies just not there?

  2. #2
    I already did that. But I used the standard KNOPPIX system for that, which includes rdesktop.
    There are easy ways to configure a KNOPPIX (even a KNOPPIX without rdesktop) using the plugscript package.
    http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~holzhey/plugscript
    Unfortunately there is a lot of code at the moment, but no special howto for using it, but I can prepare a small package for you (200kb+optional rdesktop) which then is very simple to install.

    If you want that, please ask me at [email protected] .
    Andre'

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13
    I guess, the easiest way to state this is, Im looking for rdesktop on a bootable buisness card. I like damn small linux cause it uses the knoppix core. I have scsi problems on various machines I own and really need the noscsi boot option. So if that is what you got (?) then you would be the shiznits and the man I need to speek too.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    I am working on the same direction(mini-cd or 128MB CF, not business card as I think mini-cd is small enough physically).

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13
    I just think it would be totaly sweet to carey your OS around in your wallet.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    thanks but this is not what I need(though the concept is sweet for a typical office environment). I am aiming at carrying my OWN OS in the wallet(or shirt pocket). So say when I am travelling and come to a hotel with business center, I can 'borrow' the machine and have my stuff right there rather than whatever is installed(win 98/ME etc.). The same idea applies when I need to visit a friend oversea for a short period of time. Carrying a notebook is an option but I like to travel light and PC is becoming commodities and it is not difficult to find one.

    I am looking at the Morphix distribution but there is still some stuff to iron out, may end up building my own based on KNOPPIX/Morphix.

Similar Threads

  1. damn small linux problem
    By fatso in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 10:00 PM
  2. Nvidia drivers on damn small linux
    By yuhnstuff in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
  3. Damn Small Linux remastering problems
    By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:24 AM
  4. Damn Small Linux Refresh Rate
    By arbs22 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 04:39 AM
  5. Remasting from damn small linux
    By firepunk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$222.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$249.99