Well, there's your problem. You used the words _vanilla_ and _knoppix_ in the same sentence.
There is nothing vanilla about knoppix. Try suse, xandros, mepis, lindows...
I have switched from RedHat to Knoppix. Too many CDs in RedHat installs. My question: how do I find out what hardware are supported in each version of Knoppix? I am using 3.4 on Dell D600 and Intel Pro Wireless is not supported, but it is supported in 4.0. Problem is 4.0 will not boot on HD install with D600 and I am seeking a vanilla version of knoppix to install on D600.
Well, there's your problem. You used the words _vanilla_ and _knoppix_ in the same sentence.
There is nothing vanilla about knoppix. Try suse, xandros, mepis, lindows...
Well... I can certainly rebuild the kernel and install it but this doesn't answer my question. I've already rebuilt linux and can get it to work, that's not the point. Is there any listing of what hardware particular versions of knoppix support? By vanilla I mean knoppix w/o any modifications as distributed here.
Think of what you are asking. For starters, if that Intel wireless card is supplied by Dell it probably has a different manufacturer and device ID than one with the same chipset supplied by another OEM. Not to mention the fact that some large discounters will actually insist on a crippled, non-standard, device in order to save a few pennies or provide vendor lock-in. I have regularly tweaked driver source code for just this reason. Combine this with more than just your little corner of the world and any regional variants and you can begin to understand the magnitude of the task. You might as well ask a resident of China what kind gas available in Texas is best for a Volvo for each of the years '06, '05, '04...
The resources necessary to keep any such list reasonably up to date would be a full time job for more than one person. Care to contribute?

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$20.59
Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power
$109.99
Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter - Set of 25
$32.29
Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air
$419.59
Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air
$8.99
Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H
$12.99
OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
Apple 96W USB-C Power Adapter - White - Genuine OEM - NEW SEALED - MacBook Pro
$44.99