-
Can't connect to internet through ADSL
After researching forum for my problem, it seems there is no particular
answer to it. I wanted to get work Knoppix 4.0.02 on my Sharp NoteBook
(AMD Sempron processor)
I am using ROUTETECH (i think it is router, it is connected to phone line and
it is connected to my PC though cable) which is produced in Korea,
I get nice internet connection in MS Windows environment.
Here is the IPCONFIGURATION in MS Windows:
IP address : 172.17.0.100
Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway: 172.17.0.1
DHCP Server: 172.17.0.1
DNS Server 172.17.0.1
At start up line in Knoppix
About networking it says DHCP broadcasting for IP (backgrounding)
But after all, it didn't connect to internet. When I type some URL in Mozilla,
it says looking for www.* .
When I run a command ifconfig, it says
knoppix@2[knoppix]$ ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:40
0:75:41:1E
inet addr: 172.17.0.100 Bcast: 172.17.255.255
Mask : 255.255.0.0
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:11 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:2 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:2
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:1516 (1.4 kb) TX bytes:0 (0.0 KiB)
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes: 500 ( KiB) TX bytes: 500 ( KiB)
I don't know I have my network card is detected or not.
Please help me to solve this problem. I am quite a newbie to Linux and networking.
But I know some basics.
With Best Regards
Bataa
Similar Threads
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By Styfir in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-28-2005, 12:20 AM
-
By metallica22 in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-22-2005, 06:08 AM
-
By laba in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 10:38 PM
-
By ePro in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00