Quote Originally Posted by Jthom203
Can I install Knoppix to my 60gig Ipod and boot from it?(using it like a thumb drive or an external hard drive) and If so how?
My guess is that technically you can obviously store all the files in your ipod: iso, kernel and boot ramdisk.
Now to get the bootloader started from your ipod and pc bios is an other story.
It may interfer with your Ipod boot up and make it unusable ! I would be very careful...
What I believe should be much safer for your Ipod and should work quite easily,
is to use a very small USB dongle (5MB or more) as the boot device
(bootloader + kernel + boot ramdisk: grub + linux + minirt_usb4.gz)
and have Knoppix boot script to retrive the data of the big ISO cd image from your Ipod.
So at the end of the game, besides your Ipod, you will need a small USB dongle
and a PC with a USB bootable bios. I like the idea, but GB USB dongle are getting smaller
and cheaper every day. Search on ebay for: 8gb usb flash ...
My 2 cents,
Gilles