Quote Originally Posted by Roberth
I have now got the Helix cd and burned it to a cd and started it on the computer with the bad harddrive. What should I do now, to mount the harddrive?
It's been a while since I used Helix, it may have even had a lot of changes since then. I don't recall the names of the programs but if you explore it a bit you should find a number of programs that try to read files from hard disk partitions. I'm not in a position to dig out my Helix copy and play with it at the moment. Maybe someone else will join in here, otherwise I may be able to look tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberth
......., but how about the programs and games? Do they all work on linux?
If you are asking if Linux will run all of your windows programs, the answer is no. There is software that is intended to help programs written for windows run under Linux, but it certainly doesn't run everything, and games, being some of the most demanding programs, are the least likely to be able to run this way. For some games there are versions that have been compiled to run under Linux, for others there are not. And there is a lot of free open source software that runs under Linux that is intended to replace expensive closed source commercial software for windows. Not the same programs, but basically they do similar things. Sometimes they do this nearly as well as the commercial windows software that costs hundreds of dollars, sometimes they do it much better.