-
Knoppix V4 and Wireless card configuration
I tried to use the utility for wireless card (As far as I remember the name it was WIKI WALN Manager), but I could not configure the WLAN,,,,
1- Is this utility that comes with Knoppix V4 compatible with all wireless card ?
2- Am I doing the right thing ?
3- Do I need to enable something within wireless card ?
The WLAN that the laptop has got is: Dell Wireless WLAN 1450 Dual Band WLAN Mini-PCI Card
-
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Knoppix V4 and Wireless card configuration

Originally Posted by
zillah
1- Is this utility that comes with Knoppix V4 compatible with all wireless card ?
So would it be safe to say that you have not even read the wireless networking section of the wiki?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Could you please check with me Am I doing the right thing ,,,,then we can go further.
-
Any idea if I am doing the right thing to configure wireless card ?
-
Senior Member
registered user
You're going to have to use ndiswrapper to get your wireless to work, and knoppix is probably not the best linux distro for that. I suggest you read up on ndiswrapper and maybe try ubuntu or kanotix. Here's a couple of links:
http://www.lazy8.nu/delld180/DebianL...810laptop.html
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=16591&page=2
Similar Threads
-
By GuyKnick in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-08-2008, 02:13 PM
-
By hotumattua in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-20-2006, 12:40 PM
-
By zillah in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-14-2006, 10:05 AM
-
By bivitor in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 04:56 AM
-
By jtheb in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 08:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00