-
LAN card not detected
Hi
I am a newbie to computers and linux. I am using asrock k8nf4g-sata2 motherboard with realtek phyrtl8201cl LAn card. when boot using the knoppx live on CD it fails to recognise LAN card . I am unable to connet to internet. Presently I am using windows XP, which is installed on the same computer
Help will be greatly appreciated
regards
-
Senior Member
registered user
I believe Knoppix has a LAN card setup utility.
-
LAN card not detected
Dear Kowood
Thanks for the reply. I am unable to find such a utility. Configuration wizard just close after citing no network card found.
Your help will be greatly appreciated
regards
[/quote]
-
Senior Member
registered user
I have a k8n mobo as well. I built support for my integrated NIC into the kernel, but the module forcedeth can also be used.
Code:
# modprobe forcedeth
may help with loading the driver. Then issue to use DHCP (almost all home routers use this). And if this doesn't work, please post the output of .
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's look like knoppix doesn't recognize your card. The livecd should auto-recognize it at boot. AFAIK the only circumstance where is necessary 'explicitly' run the appropriate netcardconfig command is after a regular hdinstall.
Similar Threads
-
By Steven2ic in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2006, 10:04 PM
-
By guyofgames in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 05:08 PM
-
By DarkAeons in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 06:05 PM
-
By BlackmageIX in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 11:57 PM
-
By ldp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99