-
Junior Member
registered user
Questions on setting up a Persistant Hard drive image
Now that I've gotten Knoppix to work and connect to the net I need to do a couple of other things to finish setting up for regular use. I am using Knoppix version 4.0.2. First off, I have available on my hard drive a FAT formatted 10GB partition that can be dedicated to Knoppix/Linux use. Since I would prefer to free up my CD drive I need to transfer the Knoppix image to that hard drive partition and use the boot time cheat code. Am I correct in thinking that this should be done before I set up the persistant disc image/home directory with the persistant image using only the space remaining after transferring the Knoppix image? How to best go about this? Use a single partition or divide it into two? Second, when booting the system should the cheat codes for FromHD and Home=scan be entered separately or combined and if combined what would be the correct format?
Thanks,
Alice R.
Similar Threads
-
By johnmd in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-05-2010, 04:38 PM
-
By BrianC in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-13-2005, 08:28 PM
-
By rstoeck in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 05:49 AM
-
By punkass in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 05:20 PM
-
By bruceg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00