-
I can boot fron knoppix. now what?
I upgraded (or tried to) my Debian box from Woody to Sarge. When I tried to reboot, LILO choked... from what I have gathered my best course of action is to use Knoppix to either repair LILO or install GRUB instead.
I am able to boot from the Knoppix CD.
I have tried doing several things like
where I got the following error
/sbin/grub-install: line 399: /usr/bin/uniq: input/output error
could not find device for /boot: Not found or not a block device
I've tried mounting a filesystem to chroot to and get an error saying something to the effect of specifying a wrong type or filesystem... sorry can't remember exactly...
I also get an input/output error when trying to run programs like vi, less and tail.
I'm kind of at my wits end here. Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Atrainjenkins in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2009, 11:44 AM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By merlin232 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 01:39 AM
-
By the_joker02 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 08:01 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95