There are some applications, which require the root password in X. How can I run them? I tried "passwd" as root, but it didn't help...
How can I enter the default blank password?
There are some applications, which require the root password in X. How can I run them? I tried "passwd" as root, but it didn't help...
How can I enter the default blank password?
Try sudo passwd or sudo < app >.
Try this script, prompts and all:
Code:#! /bin/bash # name beroot clear echo echo echo FIRST: Change the password for root echo sudo passwd root echo echo Now actually log in as root and run mc echo su root -c mc # remove the -c mc above to NOT run mc

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00
Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00