Hi all
I've got a PC where the SCSI CDROM is connected to a Tekram dc390 card (with BIOS). The PC boots from thw cd, the live-cd starts,
but then at some point hangs. I tried nearly all live CDs I could find - Knoppix, Ubuntu, BSD: Dragonfly, Freesbie, Solaris... None booted
successfully. With Knoppix I see the autohw-detect loads the driver for the other SCSI card (dc395x) and stops there. But I don't really
think the problem is with that card - there's nothing connected to it. I think, it then tries to load tmscsim (for dc390) and then hangs -
unable to mount the boot / root CD. I would try building a custom live CD with my own kernel and test a couple of kernel configurations,
perhaps, some debugging - unless somebody knows the reason and has a solution? Otherwise Linux runs happily (when booted from
SCSI hd) on that machine, using the CDROM is also no problem then.
Thanks
Guennadi

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00