Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix with vim_Latex-Suite?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix with vim_Latex-Suite?

    Hi,

    I'm new to Knoppix (and Linux). I have been using Vim_Latex-Suite in Windows XP to publish my papers and write my thesis. I'm happy to stuck with this elegant and power tool Vim+Latex which downloaded from

    http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/ind...title=Download

    I'm now migrating from Windows to Linux. I found Knoppix is the perfect choice for me. I've been trying to install to Redhat 9 to both my laptops and found it painful until I found the book "Knoppix Hacks" by Kyle Rankin. This book comes with a knoppix CD (version 3.4). What can I say! I love Knoppix! I have booted both of laptops and get them run in five minutes! I also tried it in my school library. The first time it failed and I tried the cheat code "failsafe" with sucess but mouse cursor is not moving. I then tried it with "noscsi" and it booted with mouse cursor. This is really exciting.

    I now have some questions before I download or buy a copy of the latest version of Knoppix:

    1. Will the latest version boot my laptops? One is HP 4201 the other is Dell D400.
    2. I found there is a remastered Knoppix called "Quantian". Will this CD boot my laptops? And is the Vim_Latex-Suite included in this CD?
    3. Or may be I can remaster a Knoppix liveCD to include Latex and Vim_Latex-Suite? I'm not sure I can do it because I don't have a Linux internet connection.
    Is it possible for me to download the Latex package and Vim_Latex-Suite (by windows internet connection) and burn them to a CD and then install them and make a customized Knoppix liveCD?


    I also found that Vim_Latex-Suite is include in Debian:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-news/.../msg00037.html


    Can anyone help me with this please.

    Daniel

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92
    Wow, lots of questions ... which is quite normal for first timers.

    The brief answer is: flip some more through the Knoppix Hacks book, you will find, at least, pointers to the answers that you seek. Here are some longer answers:
    1. Unknown, the only thing to do is to try it out. Check this post, and the whole forum, for a more answers.
    2. Unknown; see answer to #1. As for Vim_Latex-Suite, most distros have on their website a list of "included packages". Google it.
    3. It is not required to have a Linux Internet connection to remaster a CD. Again, see the Knoppix Hacks book, as well as Knoppix Remastering wiki.

    Good luck, SiKing.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 08:10 AM
  2. Remastering Suite V1.01 released! Easy Knoppix-Remastering
    By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
  3. Plugscript, the KNOPPIX tweaking suite: new version!!!
    By holzhey in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99