Hi all
I've got a PC where the SCSI CDROM is connected to a Tekram dc390 card (with BIOS). The PC boots from thw cd, the live-cd starts,
but then at some point hangs. I tried nearly all live CDs I could find - Knoppix, Ubuntu, BSD: Dragonfly, Freesbie, Solaris... None booted
successfully. With Knoppix I see the autohw-detect loads the driver for the other SCSI card (dc395x) and stops there. But I don't really
think the problem is with that card - there's nothing connected to it. I think, it then tries to load tmscsim (for dc390) and then hangs -
unable to mount the boot / root CD. I would try building a custom live CD with my own kernel and test a couple of kernel configurations,
perhaps, some debugging - unless somebody knows the reason and has a solution? Otherwise Linux runs happily (when booted from
SCSI hd) on that machine, using the CDROM is also no problem then.
Thanks
Guennadi

Vintage Honeywell Military Aerospace Avionics PCB Gold Ceramic Hybrid IC Board
$299.95
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS
$40.00
Vintage IBM 5152 Personal Computer Graphics Printer Dot Matrix - TESTED WORKING
$229.00
Vintage Compaq EVO N610C Laptop Pentium 4 2.0GHz 256MB 60GB Win 98SE w/ USB
$100.00
Dell Latitude C640 Win98SE w/ USB Support Retro gaming Vintage USB FDD use CNC
$200.00
Vintage Trading Expert for Windows - AIQ Systems Floppy Disks Software + Storage
$75.00
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00