OH.....BTW -- if you're trying for a Win95/98 Extended partition, the ID = 0x0F
I have not noticed the above before, I have just read it. I think this was my problem, I used to use 0x05, see the code below.

What is the difference between 0x05 and 0x0F ?


Code:
01 FAT12                 4F QNX4.x 3rd part       A8 Darwin UFS
 02 XENIX root            50 OnTrack DM            A9 NetBSD
 03 XENIX usr             51 OnTrack DM6 Aux1      AB Darwin boot
 04 FAT16 <32M            52 CP/M                  B7 BSDI fs
 05 Extended             53 OnTrack DM6 Aux3      B8 BSDI swap
 06 FAT16                 54 OnTrackDM6            BB Boot Wizard hidden
 07 HPFS/NTFS             55 EZ-Drive              BE Solaris boot
 08 AIX                   56 Golden Bow            BF Solaris
 09 AIX bootable          5C Priam Edisk           C1 DRDOS/sec (FAT-12)
 0A OS/2 Boot Manager     61 SpeedStor             C4 DRDOS/sec (FAT-16 <
 0B W95 FAT32             63 GNU HURD or SysV      C6 DRDOS/sec (FAT-16)
 0C W95 FAT32 (LBA)       64 Novell Netware 286    C7 Syrinx
 0E W95 FAT16 (LBA)       65 Novell Netware 386    DA Non-FS data
 0F W95 Ext'd (LBA)       70 DiskSecure Multi-Boo  DB CP/M / CTOS / ...
 10 OPUS                  75 PC/IX                 DE Dell Utility
 11 Hidden FAT12          80 Old Minix             DF BootIt
 12 Compaq diagnostics    81 Minix / old Linux     E1 DOS access


1. I asked for cfdisk output - not parted
I am going to delete these partitions and create new partitions by using cfdisk (for practicing create extended primary),,,,This is the output for cfdisk
Code:
Partition Table for /dev/hda

         ---Starting---      ----Ending----    Start     Number of
 # Flags Head Sect Cyl   ID  Head Sect Cyl     Sector    Sectors
-- ----- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----------- -----------
 1  0x80    1    1    0 0x07  254   63 1023          63    30716217
 2  0x00  254   63 1023 0x0C  254   63 1023    30716280     6136830
 3  0x00  254   63 1023 0x07  254   63 1023    36853110    41303115
 4  0x00    0    0    0 0x00    0    0    0           0           0

And for fdisk -l as well.
Code:
root@1[knoppix]# fdisk -l /dev/hda

Disk /dev/hda: 40.0 GB, 40016019456 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 4865 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

   Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1   *           1        1912    15358108+   7  HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hda2            1913        2294     3068415    c  W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/hda3            2295        4865    20651557+   7  HPFS/NTFS






I have no idea which version of knoppix you are using
V4