-
Problems with Knoppix 4.0.2
I am new to this stuff. When I boot up with 4.0.2 I initially get a message that says 'cannot find kernal' . I then get a prompt that says 'boot:' followed by an endless procession of lower case 'i' . This stops and the 'boot:' comes back after I hit RETURN . The booting procedure continues until Knoppix tries to detect my wireless network card. At this point the motherboard 'eth0' is detected but it hangs up when trying to detect the wireless card. The wireless card is a linksys wgm55 802.11g. If I remove the wireless card Knoppix starts up fine. I need to use the wireless connection, can someone help me.
One other thing, after the 'boot:' comes back I can type in commands like 'expert' and such .
Thanks,
Mike
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problems with Knoppix 4.0.2

Originally Posted by
MikeAA
If I remove the wireless card Knoppix starts up fine.
Is your wireless card supported under the Linux 2.6 kernel? If so, then boot without the card in the PC slot. Once Knoppix is booted, insert the card and configure it using modprobe, iwconfig, ifconfig, etc.
That's a bit terse, so if you need more details, post back.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
Similar Threads
-
By javiergp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2006, 12:39 PM
-
By wroseland in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By pbearseven in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$169.99

Micron PC5-5600B-SC0-1110XT 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR5 5600MHz MTC4C10163S1SC56BD1
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Micron PC4-3200AA-SC0-13 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz MTA4ATF1G64HZ-3G2F1
$49.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99