-
Problems with Knoppix 4.0.2
I am new to this stuff. When I boot up with 4.0.2 I initially get a message that says 'cannot find kernal' . I then get a prompt that says 'boot:' followed by an endless procession of lower case 'i' . This stops and the 'boot:' comes back after I hit RETURN . The booting procedure continues until Knoppix tries to detect my wireless network card. At this point the motherboard 'eth0' is detected but it hangs up when trying to detect the wireless card. The wireless card is a linksys wgm55 802.11g. If I remove the wireless card Knoppix starts up fine. I need to use the wireless connection, can someone help me.
One other thing, after the 'boot:' comes back I can type in commands like 'expert' and such .
Thanks,
Mike
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problems with Knoppix 4.0.2

Originally Posted by
MikeAA
If I remove the wireless card Knoppix starts up fine.
Is your wireless card supported under the Linux 2.6 kernel? If so, then boot without the card in the PC slot. Once Knoppix is booted, insert the card and configure it using modprobe, iwconfig, ifconfig, etc.
That's a bit terse, so if you need more details, post back.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
Similar Threads
-
By javiergp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2006, 12:39 PM
-
By wroseland in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By pbearseven in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00