-
Problems with Knoppix 4.0.2
I am new to this stuff. When I boot up with 4.0.2 I initially get a message that says 'cannot find kernal' . I then get a prompt that says 'boot:' followed by an endless procession of lower case 'i' . This stops and the 'boot:' comes back after I hit RETURN . The booting procedure continues until Knoppix tries to detect my wireless network card. At this point the motherboard 'eth0' is detected but it hangs up when trying to detect the wireless card. The wireless card is a linksys wgm55 802.11g. If I remove the wireless card Knoppix starts up fine. I need to use the wireless connection, can someone help me.
One other thing, after the 'boot:' comes back I can type in commands like 'expert' and such .
Thanks,
Mike
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problems with Knoppix 4.0.2

Originally Posted by
MikeAA
If I remove the wireless card Knoppix starts up fine.
Is your wireless card supported under the Linux 2.6 kernel? If so, then boot without the card in the PC slot. Once Knoppix is booted, insert the card and configure it using modprobe, iwconfig, ifconfig, etc.
That's a bit terse, so if you need more details, post back.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
Similar Threads
-
By javiergp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2006, 12:39 PM
-
By wroseland in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By pbearseven in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00