Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: apt-get not working

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7

    apt-get not working

    Hello,
    I have knoppix 3.6 installed. I tried installing kweather using apt-get but it didn't work. Now whenever I try to install something using apt-get install I get the following error--
    Code:
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      kdelibs4: Depends: kdelibs-data (>= 4:3.3.0) but 4:3.2.3-4 is to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
    On doing apt-get -f install as suggested I get the following --
    Code:
    (Reading database ... 115101 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace kdelibs-data 4:3.2.3-4 (using .../kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-6.4_all.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement kdelibs-data ...
    Replacing files in old package korganizer ...
    Replacing files in old package kcontrol ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-6.4_all.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-6.4_all.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    How do I fix it please because I am not able to install anything using apt-get now.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    yes.. knoppix is a live cd... it isnt recomended to install it to hard drive... but you can still... see, if you use debian, its litually the same...

    apt-get does F*** up (please excuse me french)...

    this hasnt been really any help, but really telling you that your not the only one out there with this problem... also, instead of using apt-get, why dont you use wiki... its great, temporarily downloads and installs stuff...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7
    HeHe, thanks for the reply. Last time this happened to me I had to reinstall Knoppix. I hope this doesn't happen with regular debian . Also how can I install software using wiki? As far as I know, wiki is about collaborative content creation.

Similar Threads

  1. Not working
    By Klencher in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 03:00 PM
  2. apt-get...not working????
    By fabiand in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 10:45 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  4. Not working?
    By CyberShadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 07:22 PM
  5. Sound working / not working on Knoppix 3.2
    By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



Vintage Atari 1200 Zaxxon Computer software With box and manual picture

Vintage Atari 1200 Zaxxon Computer software With box and manual

$75.00



Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard picture

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard

$50.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari 130XE Restored NTSC SALT  Tested with Box picture

Atari 130XE Restored NTSC SALT Tested with Box

$345.00