Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Impressed!! I'll Say!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2

    Impressed!! I'll Say!!

    Just downloaded Knoppix and I'm really impressed.

    The thing that struck me the most is that the hardware detection got all my stuff right including my netcard/cable connection without me having to do anything at all.

    Just a little gripe, How do I get Knoppix to remember what I put in at the boot line?

    Mine has to have a few parameters to get X working properly though.

    Keep up the good work!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5

    Re: Impressed!! I'll Say!!

    Quote Originally Posted by martinjh99
    Just downloaded Knoppix and I'm really impressed.

    The thing that struck me the most is that the hardware detection got all my stuff right including my netcard/cable connection without me having to do anything at all.

    Just a little gripe, How do I get Knoppix to remember what I put in at the boot line?

    Mine has to have a few parameters to get X working properly though.

    Keep up the good work!
    What parameters did you use to get X working? I have been having trouble with that...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2
    knoppix fb1024x768 xserver=XFree86 xmodule=fbdev screen=1024x768

    Something like that - Not sure off hand wether that was the correct one!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjh99
    knoppix fb1024x768 xserver=XFree86 xmodule=fbdev screen=1024x768

    Something like that - Not sure off hand wether that was the correct one!
    Thanks. I'll have to try that.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2
    Yeah, I just love the hardware detection... amazing all right without me having to do anything

Similar Threads

  1. Flonix, i'm impressed
    By doudou in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
  2. Running Knoppix from CD, very impressed!
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:05 AM
  3. I was really impressed.
    By turbine in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
  4. I am impressed!!!
    By iconfly in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95