use su (superuser) and enter
however, use alsaconf instead
follow directions (choose the soundcard)
configure alsamixer and/or kmix
then lsmod to see it installed
How do I configure my sound card to work? When I use the terminal window I use "sndconfig" it says I need to be a root account. What is the default password for the livecd? Which soundcards don't work?
use su (superuser) and enter
however, use alsaconf instead
follow directions (choose the soundcard)
configure alsamixer and/or kmix
then lsmod to see it installed

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID
$199.00
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99