You need both the inf file and the sys file. bcmwl5a.inf and bcmwl5.sys.
Put them in the same directory and then point ndiswrapper to the inf file. It should work then.
I'm having a problem with kanotix and my dell 1350 wireless card, I have had it work before last time I used kanotix on this computer (had to reformat drive) now that ive reinstalled it with the newest version of kanotix I can not get it to work for the life of me. Heres what its saying when i use ndiswrapper "the ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no device. Perhaps NdisWrapper is not working with your driver file" I have tried 2 versions of the driver file and get the same error for both Im using the file "bcmwl5a.inf" version 3.100.35.1 this is the one i used before and it worked. Now i am setting it up a little dif then before this time I do not have windows on the harddrive linux is the only os, but i dont think that makes a differance If any one can help that would be great i have tried all of the advice on other posts relating to this topic to no avail. Like i said it has worked before on a previos install, so theres hope![]()
You need both the inf file and the sys file. bcmwl5a.inf and bcmwl5.sys.
Put them in the same directory and then point ndiswrapper to the inf file. It should work then.

Compressed Air Duster w/ Mini Air Blower 280000RPM Vacuum Cleaner & Air Duster
$71.99
Compressed Air Duster 3Speed 280000 RPM Electric Mini Turbo Fan Vacuum Cleaner
$92.59
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63
KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99
Electric Compressed Air Duster 2in1 Blowing & Suction 280,000RPM Vacuum Cleaner
$42.98
Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
Meudeen 14500 Pa Computer Vacuum Cleaner Mini & 110000RPM Compressed Air Duster
$44.27
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$80.66