-
Senior Member
registered user
OpenOffice 2.0 Install: No Fonts!!
Ok, I bit the bullet.
Even though I can run the Windows version of OO in my setup via OpenOffice, I downloaded from the OO website 101.5 megs of OpenOffice install files. I get it unpacked to discover the package is dozens of rpms.
Ok, I "alien" that. I finish the install.
It seemed to go fine with no errors. Now here is the rub:
Fonts do not appear. Little dotted rectangles show up in place of each letter.
BUT!
If I run OO as root, fonts work. I can see text in menus and documents, but not anti-aliased. They look crappy but at least I can read them.
So, does anyone know what I can do? Is there some permissions change I need to do? An additional file to download an install?
I looked at some websites that deal with OO font issues, but nothing seemed to apply to me.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By crion in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By bigpilot in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 07:28 PM
-
By Lexinton in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By vi.tan.gr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:02 PM
-
By Stephen in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Synology 4GB ECC SOD DDR4 D4ES04-4G
$129.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32
$140.00

SK Hynix 32GB 2133p DDR4 LRDIMM ECC Server RAM Memory | HMA84GL7AMR4N-TF Lot
$128.00

SK Hynix 64GB 2666V DDR4 LRDIMM ECC Server RAM Memory | HMAA8GL7AMR4N-VK Lot
$1260.00

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98