Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 24 bit soundblaster live?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4

    24 bit soundblaster live?

    Hello,
    I am running a HD install of knoppix 3.4 and it is not detecting my 24 bit soundblaster card. Does anyone know if this card is supported in 3.4? I am using the 2.6 kernel if that helps. I actually got stuck with this card because I wasn't paying attn when i ordered it for a friend's old Dell computer that I was upgrading. The card wasn't supported by the pentium 3 so I swapped it for the 16 bit soundblaster in my own computer. It works fine in windows but not in Knoppix. I would also like to ask if knoppix 4.0.2 would support this sound card as I am planning on upgrading soon.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    i was using 2.1 i think, with me old box... (which is sadly dead now *sob sob*), and it worked fine... but i think i had a different kernal... the 4.0.2 knoppix cd... should support it... because its more... beefy... if thats a word...

    have fun...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Chris, or would it be Harry? hehe kind of like Peter Chris, not sure which should come first. Anyway, I'll give er a try.

    Just now noticed I was in Hdd install, meant to post this in hardware forum. Been looking for the darn post all morning

Similar Threads

  1. no sound - Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
    By legal in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:53 PM
  2. Don't have sound - Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
    By legal in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:33 PM
  3. SoundBlaster Live card not working
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 07:41 AM
  4. Soundblaster Live works but is very quiet.
    By gtp1964 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 07:17 AM
  5. SoundBlaster Live!
    By Ghoul in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 08:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72