Surprised you haven't gotten an answer by now.
Can you open a command prompt and type 'su' to get root access?
If so then from there you can type 'passwd' and change the root password or mount/umount volumes.
Greetings !
I just need to save my config to my USB pen drive...
I purchased a book that contains a liveCD xfld which is derived from KNOPPIX.
When i try to set the save config feature, it only offers my to use the floppy...(Which i do not have on this notebook !)
I see that USB ports seams to work fine since my mouse is USB and it works well.
I just can't find how exactly i should mount that dam USB Drive Pen ! (i.e. Cruzer Mini)
Thanks for any help !
P.S. I've been trying to do what is recommended in the post http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23184 ... Problem is i can't mount at all... This Linux liveCD boots automatically and we can't log with specific user ID...So... When i try to mount manually, i get the infamous " Only root can do that" error !
Aco.![]()
Surprised you haven't gotten an answer by now.
Can you open a command prompt and type 'su' to get root access?
If so then from there you can type 'passwd' and change the root password or mount/umount volumes.

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$125.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
$100.00
Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00