Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remaster doesn't boot (can't find KNOPPIX file system)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Remaster doesn't boot (can't find KNOPPIX file system)

    This is my first shot at remastering knoppix, so I probably did somethign wrong.

    I used the script to create my remaster.
    I removed X, KDE, GNOME and all dependent programs, and I installed the most recent version of kismet and gpsd.

    I copied the iso to my test partition (/dev/hda1), installed grub and booted.

    The first time, grub gave me an error saying it could not find /boot/isolinux/linux, so I copied the /cdrom/boot/isolinux/ to /dev/hda1/boot/isolinux

    Now it starts booting, but halfway it gives me the following message

    Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
    Press reset button to quit.
    Anyone know what I did wrong?[/quote]

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2
    After some more testing an searching, I managed to get it to boot using the knoppix_dir=/iso/KNOPPIX cheatcode.

Similar Threads

  1. usb boot problem "cannot find knoppix file system"
    By samboon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 08:48 PM
  2. Can't find Knoppix File System
    By Clark in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 05:37 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 08:04 PM
  4. Boot Error, Cant find KNOPPIX file system
    By macgregor in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 07:03 AM
  5. Boot process, can't find KNOPPIX file system
    By riviereg in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$53.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1 - Tested -98% Life

$48.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop picture

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop

$85.00



SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB, SDSSDH3 2.5

SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB, SDSSDH3 2.5" SSD Drive SATA III 6GB/S (SDSSDH3-1T02)

$138.56