-
Green on installing modem in Knoppix
I run a lot lof Linux boxes, but this is my first attempt on installing a PCI modem. I am not sure if I am close to success, or the following information means my modem wont work. lspci shows a Rockwell modem. I am trying to install it via the Knoppix /dev/modem menu. I thought Knoppix would find and install it, but no luck. When I select scan for unsuported winmodems it comes up with :
Provideing detail for device at PCI_bus 0000:00:80.0 with vendor-ID:device-ID
0700: 127a1002 )rev Serial controller: Rockwell International HCF 56K Data/FAx Modem (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [8250]
Subsystem 1092:08d4 Diamond Multimedia Systems: Unknown device 08d4
0000:00:08.0 0700:1271:1002 (rev 01)
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 10
Memory at dc000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64k]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version1
grep: /etc/modprobe.conf: No such file or directory
grep: /etc/modprobe.conf: No such file or directory
I am not sure if that means the whole modem is unsupported, or just a feature of the modem.
If this modem will not work, what modem would be recommended?
Similar Threads
-
By duayen99 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 01:36 PM
-
By Bilpo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By Jander in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 01:14 AM
-
By kamikaze2112 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By insomica in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Cybernetics 1TB-5 SATA III
$59.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

1TB 2TB 4TB Portable SSD Type-C External Hard Drive USB 3.1 High Speed PC
$15.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99