-
Help! Knoppix 4.0.2 CD upon bootup, changed my Hostname
I am running Mandriva2006. Yesterday, I downloaded and created a iso cd of Knoppix 4.0.2 and booted up on it to look at Knoppix. I have since proven that just booting up on a Knoppix CD and then shutting down leaves my Hostname changed to "Knoppix", and Gnome complains that it can not find my IP Address.
I am unfamiliar with what all I need to do, to put my system back the way it was, as the Hostname and IP Address, etc., was automatically configured when I installed Mandriva2006. And while I have managed to change the Hostname to anything I want, I still have Gnome complaining about not being able to find my IP Address. What files does the Knoppix CD access and change, when it changes the Hostname of a computer system?
What do I need to do, to repair this?
Similar Threads
-
By cezar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
-
By honigbaer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 01:31 PM
-
By leq75 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 05:39 AM
-
By kclawson in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 02:18 AM
-
By StuartP in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 11:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00